The US housing market is booming. During the initial days of the Covid-19 pandemic, real estate experts were under the impression that the US housing market would reportedly crash. However, to everyone’s surprise, we witnessed the US real estate market climb at a record pace.
As stated by CoreLogic Chief Economist Frank Nothaft, “You can see in basically the last fifteen months or so, we have seen a dramatic acceleration in the home price growth – to levels we have not seen in decades.”
Data fetched from Zillow indicates that the typical value of homes in Florida stands at $313,217 in September 2021.
While most experts claim it to be a housing bubble, a CNBC real estate correspondent Diana Olick reported, “Right now, we’re using the word bubble because we cannot believe how much prices have gone up. A bubble tends to be something that is not inflated – that could burst at any minute. However, that’s not the really the case here.”
This means – even though real estate prices are soaring, it’s a boom rather than a bubble. And if you have been planning to sell your house, right now’s the perfect opportunity to do so.
While we’re living in a seller’s market, that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t focus on making your home more appealing to potential buyers. You definitely should. After all, you want to sell your home at the highest price possible, right?
Home selling can be stressful at times. And despite us living in a seller’s market, you still need to take the much-needed steps to attract genuine potential homebuyers – ones that are willing to offer a great price for your home.
To make a great impression, you need to make sure that your potential buyers feel comfortable. Even a slight change like removing your personal photos or putting away your children’s toys can be a difference-maker.
To help you make your home appealing to your potential buyers and provide them with a sense of safety, I’ve put together this blog post – where you’ll see me discussing some truly-value adding tips that’ll help you increase your home value and receive an offer that you can’t refuse.
Let’s Dive In
3 Tips Home Sellers Should Consider for Appeal & Safety
For ease of access, I’ve listed down the headlines of the tips we’ll be talking about right here:
- Time to Clean Up
- Freshen Up the Walls with a Coat of Paint
- Focus on the Lightning & Fixtures
Let’s discuss these points one at a time.
Time to Clean Up
We know that your home is your castle. Our home is ours. However, when you are planning to sell your home and have your potential homebuyers visiting the space, they would want to imagine the space as their own castle.
Having personal photos everywhere and your children’s names ingrained all across the home can seriously tamper with their imagination process.
To make your potential homebuyers feel comfortable, we’d advise you to:
- Remove Personal Photos – We love having family pictures across our house. But having your wedding, family, baby and trip photos everywhere will make your potential homebuyers feel like they are trespassing in your home. You need to make them feel comfortable. You need to make sure that your home appears welcoming – which is why the first thing you need to do is REMOVE PERSONAL PHOTOS.
- Remove Your Children’s Names from the Bedroom Walls & House in General – Next, remove your children’s names from walls – whether it’s the bedroom we’re talking about or home in general. Not only is this step important for your own safety but by removing the names will help you make sure that the space looks neutral.
- Remove Sports Teams or Schools Memorabilia – Again, when your potential homebuyers are around, we’d advise you to deal personalized stuff like sports teams or school memorabilia to make sure that your potential homebuyers feel comfortable.
- Put Away Your Pet Toys – Unfortunately, not everyone loves pets. Hence, it’s advisable to remove any pet items you have to make sure that your buyers feel comfortable exploring your home.
- Lastly – Remove all the items like bills, jewelry, check book or anything that you can remove to make sure that your potential homebuyers find it easy to imagine your home with their stuff in it.
Freshen Up the Walls with a Coat of Paint
We’ve witnessed home sellers underestimating the power of a fresh coat of paint. If you are planning to sell your home, your first priority should be to ensure that your home looks extremely appealing – undoubtedly it can be a huge difference-maker.
And if your home looks appealing, you’ll have more and more potential buyers sending their offers your way.
So, to start receiving great offers, you need to start researching the latest color trends. And based on these, you need to select a color that’s buyer friendly. If you have dark or brightly colored walls, it’s time to make a change. Choosing a light and neutral color will help you make sure that your home looks appealing and at the same time, make it seem bigger.
Neutral color doesn’t mean that you need to make your home look like a hospital. Upon conducting a bit of research, you’ll find out that some beige and light earth tones can level up your home appeal.
Focus on the Lightning & Fixtures
Lighting and fixtures can elevate your home appeal and can completely change its look and feel. These days, home buyers are extremely choosy. Genuine homebuyers would love nothing more than to send your way an irresistible offer if they find your place to be like something that they truly want to own.
Having an outdated home – one with poor lighting and fixtures may turn them off. Buyers want lots of lighting, both natural and otherwise. So, to make your home more contemporary and vibrant, you should consider buying updated light fixtures.
At the same time, it’s advisable to properly utilize natural light – in a creative manner.
Homebuying and home selling are complicated processes. These days, despite the surge in home demand, buyers are extremely selective. At the same time, as a home seller, you would want to receive an generous and strong offer.
Hundreds, if not thousands of home sellers in your neighborhood want the same. And if you want to make a great impression right from the start, we advise you to act on the three tips we’ve mentioned above straight away.
And if you need further help and assistance, and turn the process smooth for you, feel free to reach out to us today!